Saturday, October 15, 2011

The city of smiles (descriptive essay)

This isn’t the place I was born nor the place I grew up in, but this is one place I left my heart with, the one I considered as my hometown – Bacolod.. Bacolod city is the capital city of Negros Occidental. Known as the city of Smiles because of their festivals like Joei de Vivre and Mardi Gras; the MassKara festival which is famous because of its vivid mix of dance, color and music. This is also known as the Land of Sweet people and it’s also known as the culinary heritage.

My Dad was born in Bacolod City that’s why we’re kind of influenced of its culture and lifestyle. He had always been a laid back person who prefers having a simple life, just like what he had when he was young. We never stop listening to his precious and interesting stories about his childhood memories in his hometown.  The first time we went to Bacolod, we were like tracing back footsteps and digging up memories. We went to all the places where my Dad used to play, the place where he used to hang out and the places he used to have good memories.

I love Bacolod not because it’s my Father’s hometown, not because it’s one place I used to visit but because I love every simple thing it has. I remember walking on the sidewalks of Bacolod, the sun lingering upon my fair skin, we saw street children playing and having fun under the sunny sun and their parents all laughing and just smiling. I can see from their faces that problems doesn’t really matter when you’re happy, I can’t see hunger from their faces, even those who doesn’t have a perfect teeth could give you the biggest smile ever – that’s one thing I’m so proud about my so-called hometown. Our crumbling stomachs bother us while walking but it’s not a problem in Bacolod, you can always see different selections of food stalls, but for me they must try their  finger licking good Bacolod Inasal, don’t expect to use spoon and fork while eating because they actually encourage costumers to use their hands. After eating those tasty Chicken Inasal, it’s a must to try those mouth watering Piyaya, it's like a super thin bread with different kinds of flavor like ube, chocolate, and a lot more, it's one of the most famous sweet delicacy of Bacolod, it’s flavored with melted muscovado sugar inside. If you want to try different things I recommend you guys to try and discover the wonders of Bacolod!

3 comments:

  1. Bacolod is high up on my bucketlist!! I will visit one day (but I'll have to get recommendations from you). Can't wait to see your final output/research website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cess,Level up kna :)))))))))))) Love you. Miss you girl :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe. didnt know you blog!:)

    ReplyDelete